Evolution of the project
- 28 November 2012: a workshop on the Belgian results has been held in Brussels.
- 23-24 October 2012: a meeting where the results of all countries were compared took place in Cyprus.
- 17 September 2012: the Belgian participants are informed of their individual results.
- 30 March 2012: the measurements of the pollutants in hair and urine samples have come to an end. The results are currently being processed.
- 12 March – 15 March 2012: a training took place in Copenhagen that week, in preparation of the data processing by all participating European countries.
- Late February 2012: the Belgian labs that will carry out the analyses of the urine and hair samples have succeeded all ring tests within the European project (ICI21 , EQUAS 1, EQUAS 22).
- 14 February 2012: fieldwork is concluded. Hair and urine samples were collected from 129 mothers and 129 children.
- 14 December 2012: a film team came to record the ongoing fieldwork in a primary school in Brakel.
- 28 November – 2 December 2011: all countries participating in the European study met in Brussels.
- 26 October 2011: the Belgian campaign is officially announced through a press release.
- 11 October 2011: Recruiting and sampling on children between 6 and 12 year of age and their mother started through Belgian primary schools.
- 1 October 2010: a measurement campaign of pollutants (human biomonitoring) in children of school age and their mother begins and runs until late 2012.
1 Interlaboratory Comparison Investigation (ICI)
2 External Quality Assessment Scheme (EQUAS)